Friday, October 16, 2009

365: 26-28 Catch-up Again

  Well after my super post on Monday some may have thought that I would made an effort to stay on track.  Unfortunately those people are incorrect.  I have to say honestly that I really am not making that hard of an effort to get out and get pictures every day.  Especially now with the colder weather I think I might be less likely to get out if there is precip. or just really cold weather.  Anyways I did get out today when I got home from Tennis at school because it appears that pretty much every leaf in our front tree had the same idea today and that idea was fall to the ground.  There was a good 2-3 inches of leaves covering our entire yard.  I took a few shots from various angles and this was my favourite. 

Fallen Leaves || Canon 50D/EF 70-200mm@200mm f/2.8 | 1/400s | f/2.8 | ISO200


   We got pretty cold last night, probably -5° or around there.  There was a wind chill this morning which is just depressing.  Looks like my mom’s flowers in the front garden are done for the year.  I didn’t notice at first but upon further review I started to see flower people in the picture.  The one on the far right is the easiest to see, middle requires a bit more imagination and I don’t really see one on the right but you have a much better imagination than I do.  What I liked about this shot was the detail on the concrete behind the flowers and then the contrast of them on the concrete.  Plus the purple adds a nice pop to the image as well.

Flower People || Canon 50D/EF 70-200mm@70mm f/2.8 | 1/160s | f/2.8 | ISO200


   Moved to the backyard and there were more frozen flowers.  This one was a little less colourful than the previous ones.  It was kind of getting dark and my hands with the 70-200 aren’t exactly the steadiest of surfaces so its a little blurry, but I did manage to fix it up a little after the fact (raw is still awesome).  Only thing with RAW which I’m sure there is a website somewhere regarding it is when I go to save as 8 bit the colours get really desaturated so its kind of annoying.  Right now I am just doing save for web and that seems to work well so the only reason I would do it the other way is so that it keeps the EXIF info.  I may have posted some pictures (facebook or flickr maybe) of this flower when it was in its previous glory, it used to be bright red I think.  Again it looks like the frost got to the flowers over the last couple of nights.

Seen Better Days || Canon 50D/EF 70-200mm@200mm f/2.8 | 1/100s | f/4.0 | ISO200


   So tomorrow is the University of Ottawa Open house day, I’m doing english, history, and physics demo’s then afterwards I am planning on playing tourist downtown again for a bit.  I did have another shot from today lined up by I may or may not post it tomorrow depending on how tomorrow afternoon goes :).  Anyways, back on track…for now, hopefully I can keep it up for a few days at least. 

Until tomorrow,

Ciao,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment