Monday, October 26, 2009

365:39 Bulls Eye

   Monday! Everyone's favourite day of the week no?  Yeah me either.  Getting up this morning, oh that was not fun.  Went to bed at like 1 last night, actually heard my alarm go off at like 7:10 this morning which is pretty early, but just over 6hrs of sleep is not a fun way to start the week.  I had to get up kind of earlier than normal cause we got new flooring in the kitchen/laundry room today so I needed to help move some last minute stuff.  The guy came after I had left for school and finished around 1 and the floor looks pretty nice.  We moved the fridge back into the kitchen from the hallway and avoided scratching/compressing the new floor.
   I picked up three books from the library that came in today. I have read 143 pages of the first one (its very easy reading so that number seems like more reading than there actually was, plus its half pages, pics on top).  The books are all photography related and I still have another 3 or 4 on request but 2 are more Photoshop books.  The titles are The Digital Photography Book (Vol. 1 and 2) by Scott Kelby, and Understanding Exposure by Brian Peterson.  Good book so far, Vol. 2 seems like its dives into more advanced stuff, so far this one has been quite a bit of stuff that I have read before, it just simplifies and explains it a bit clearer than I had previously read.
   On to today’s photo, I took it at like 10:50 cause I realised that I hadn’t taken a picture for the blog today and I didn’t want to go back into my old pictures today.  As you can probably tell this shot is pretty posed :P.  I used a piece of red construction paper as a diffuser/bounce card for the on camera flash because ambient light just wasn’t enough to hand hold and get a sharp shot.  It worked pretty well and gave it a nice even exposure.

Bulls Eye || Canon EOS 50D / EF 50mm f/1.8 II | 1/15s | f/2.5 | ISO200 
  My hockey team won our first game of the season tonight with the game winner being scored by yours truly.   We played pretty well but it helped that the ref was calling a lot of penalties against them (we didn't capitalize on the PP unfortunately) and they were a pretty weak team.  We ended up winning 3-0.
   I don’t have class all morning tomorrow because of the High School awards ceremony which is running till lunch and maybe a bit into it.  I think that about wraps up my day today so there isn’t anything else to say.

Ciao,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment