Sunday, October 18, 2009

365: 31 One month down, 11 to go

   Well I’m keeping up with the posting now which is good.  Taking plenty of shots that you like also makes this a little easier. Today’s shot is another one from Friday’s walk downtown.  The colours of the leaves on this tree were so vibrant and contrasted the blue sky very nicely.  I did enhance the colours a fair amount afterwards in PS using both the burn and dodge tools.  I really didn’t have any final product in mind when I was doing it so it might be a little over the top :P . 

Loud Leaves || Canon 50D/ EF 70-200mm f/2.8 @ 70mm | 1/640s | f/7.1 | ISO200

  To me this has a kind of HDR look to it but I can guarantee that it is only one photo :P .  This tree was in Majors Hill park if I remember correctly.  I think that was the only place where there were trees that I took pictures of because there were a few others that had amazing colours too them.   I don’t currently have any shots lined up for tomorrow but I’m sure I will be able to find one that I have already that I like, or get out and take another one for tomorrow :).  

   My parents picked up some new tables for the basement/computer area yesterday and we set them up today.  I really like them cause there is a lot more room than before plus its just a cleaner looking area.  It was a pretty big job of clearing the space, manoeuvring one table in, putting as much on that one as possible, clearing the old table off, moving the second new one into place and finally hooking up the newer computer again.  There is still a lot of cleanup of random cd’s and floppy disks that are lying around that need to be organized as well as clearing off some stuff off the table that really doesn’t need to be there.  I think we may be going back soon ‘cause we are going to get some better chairs because right now folding chairs just don’t cut it.  Adding that to the list of shopping that I need to get done soon which also includes, new winter shoes (mesh running shoes won’t cut it), hockey practice jersey (my old one just disappeared over the summer), and going to get a suit for our cruise.

   Yesterday and last night was my final shift at the Orleans Tennis Club for the 2009 season.  We had a round robin and the AGM in the afternoon and then the banquet at 6:30.  Dinner was a potluck with everyone supposed to bring their specialty and then we voted on which was our favourite.  Saturday night hockey started at 10 p.m. as well.  It was a pretty fast pace for the first night and only 3 spares a side.  That about sums up my weekend so I will end this one here.

Ciao,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment