Saturday, October 24, 2009

365:36 Pink Game

   I (with friends) returned to the Urbandale Center (still sounds weird) tonight for the 67’s game.  In support of Breast Cancer Research the 67’s and the referee’s and linesmen were wearing pink uniforms.  It was pretty confusing from our first seats, which were all the way up, second last row.  I kept thinking we had a player hanging up way down by their blue line but looking closer it was a ref.  The uniforms looked fine and its great that they are supporting Breast Cancer but I just don’t really think it works for an actual game, sure its some nice novelty merch. but beyond that I think it was just additional chirping ground for the other team.

   As I kind of mentioned our seats were less than desirable so for the second period we moved down to behind one of the nets.  Unfortunately neither of these seats were great for pictures, first seats were just too far and high up, second I had to deal with netting and glass/supports.  This one picture is ok, the netting didn’t seem to have as much of an effect when I was at 200mm shooting the far end, it just made the colours kind of washed out.

Pink Game || Canon EOS 50D/ EF 70-200mm f/2.8L @ 200mm | 1/1000s | f/3.2 | ISO1000

   The final outcome of the game wasn’t that great either.  We ended up losing 7-4, with their final 2 goals coming in the last 4 minutes or so.  Perugini seems to have found a way to make himself permeable to pucks.  There were at least three that went right through him somehow, it was frustrating to say the least.

   I donated blood this morning and everything went fine.  There were a lot of first timers though that had similar experiences to what I had last June.  There was 5 people that needed additional care by nurses and probably at least 5 more people who were rejected for various other reasons.  My donation took about 7 mins which was pretty quick.  I think it was the hydrating and a full stomach which helped this time go a little better than last.

   I’m technically going to post this one a day late because it is after midnight now but I started on the right day so it’s all good.  I may or may not be doing a haunted wagon ride type of thing tomorrow and I may or may not bring my camera if I do end up going.  I kinda want to get out and get some more new picture but I’m not really sure what to shoot.  Anyways that about does it for about 8 days in a row now I think :D

Ciao,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment